PLAY IT SAFE!
One of the most recently reported threats to Internet security is to steal passwords and account information of people who bank online.
At Willamette Valley Bank, we pride ourselves in providing you with the latest in internet security to insure your financial information and banking transactions are safe and secure. We caution you to—play it safe—don’t be lured by scammers that are out to steal your personal information.
- Do not provide personal information over the Internet unless you know or have initiated the contact.
- Be cautious when opening e-mails. Pay special attention to sender addresses.
Scammers have gone as far as lifting company logos and attaching them to fake sites to steal your personal information, so remember…….
- Fake sites may ask you to “agree” to its new terms and then threaten to suspend your account if you don’t agree.
- Legitimate organizations with whom you do business have the information they need and will not ask you for it.
- Do not send sensitive personal or financial information online unless it is encrypted on a Secure Website. Regular e-mails aren’t encrypted and are like sending a post-card. anyone could read it!
- Watch for the Padlock symbol at the bottom bar of your computer screen to ensure that the site is running in a secure mode before entering any sensitive information.